Special Announcement - Charles City Challenege
  • Due to rain swollen conditions and above normal flows on the Cedar River organizers with the 2013 Charles City Challenge have postponed this weekend’s event until Saturday, June 29, 2013.

    "We know experienced paddlers will embrace these higher water levels and we expect the riverfront to be active this weekend," says Ginger Williams, tourism coordinator for Charles City, "however the Charles City Challenge is intended to serve a variety of skill levels and we want to hold this event to accommodate all participants."

    For more information about the event visit the Charles City WhiteWater Website at http://ccwhitewater.com or call the Charles City Area Chamber of Commerce office at 641-228-4234 or ginger@charlescitychamber.com
  • I would like to compliment everyone that was involved in deciding to postpone the challenge. I was very worried about holding it at high flow due to the number of paddlers it could leave out. Growing the sport is what we want and making choices based on CFS sometimes needs to happen. Well done! David Nobis
  • Ditto - Dave,

    There's a whole lot included with high water....in the water - storm runoff, field runoff, debris, pushy current...on shore - washed up debris, patching the slip/trip/fall hazards, etc. CC made a wise decision. Ty and I were up paddling after the first high flow and with a week or so left to tidy things up it seemed as if CC would be scrambling to make it work even without another push of water coming.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID